Created by Lee for Color Me Conscious

Live consciously...and color someone happy today!
http://colormeconscious.com/

Thursday, April 1, 2010

With cuff design in mind...(Part 6)


Green moss and fuchsia berries come together in this crocheted cuff that reminds me of the colors you'd find on a walk in the summer woods.
Spring Cuff by The Needle Nerd

"I love to crochet. If I'm sitting, I'm crocheting. My grandmother taught me to crochet and I've found love in it..." Darla, the face behind The Needle Nerd, shares a bit of herself in her Etsy bio. This mother of two from rural Ohio, offers shoppers a variety of crocheted and knitted items, all handmade, and all in vibrant hues. While it was her cuffs that caught my eye (kinda reminded me of those terrycloth wristbands we used to wear in the early 90s...only much much cooler), I also love her hats, wash sets, nesting bowls and something called "apple cozies" --- oh so clever! Read all about Darla's darrrrling designs in this week's artist interview...

Q: What makes your shop unique?
I'm always trying new ideas and bright colors and making my items top quality. I love custom orders! When someone comes into my shop I want them to see an item and think "I've gotta have one of those" :)

Q: How long have you been designing cuff bracelets?
I've been making cuffs for about 2 years now. I try to make them unique with color, accents and designs.

Q: Describe the cuffs you design (materials, style, special features etc.)
I usually find the perfect mix of yarn colors and the most fun part is finding the accents I LOVE BUTTONS!!! Then I usually get an idea of what I want to do. Then I just begin the play process trying different stitches widths etc.

Q: What type of woman do you imagine wearing your cuffs? (Include the name of at least two celebs that you think would love to rock your cuff and tell why...)
Perhaps Ani DiFranco, Alanis Morissette or maybe even Pink :D I can make different sorts of cuffs for different sorts of styles, so who knows, the possibilities are endless.

Q: Finish the following sentence: "I consider myself a cuffie (lover of cuffs) because..."
...I love creating styles for just the right person. They are so fun and the compliments I get from them make it even more satisfying!

3 comments:

  1. great interview!

    I found your blog through the Etsy forums and just wanted to say hi and that you have a new follower! Have a beautiful week!

    xo, Katie
    http://www.kateandoli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of that crocheted cuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great interview, way to go, congrats!
    You create lovely work;
    following you too, and wishing you lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete