Created by Lee for Color Me Conscious

Live consciously...and color someone happy today!
http://colormeconscious.com/

Thursday, May 20, 2010

With cuff design in mind...(Part 11)

Even your wrist needs to get away once in a while. Treat it to a vacation with this adjustable cuff made of reused and recycled maps.

Where can YOUR jewelry take you??? If you're wearing one of VSC83's original "map cuff bracelets", the possibilities are plenty. Oakland based Etsy seller, Victoria, crafts these ingenious cuffs using upcycled maps. Each cuff has a metal base that makes it adjustable, a black satin ribbon lining that makes it comfortable and a glazed coating that makes it durable. A perfect conversation piece, VSC83's cuff are simply..."rockable"! Read all about this map-lovin'-lady in this week's artist interview...

Q: What makes your shop unique?
I love to work with recycled/reused items when I can, as well as make my own findings and beads in order to create designs that you won't see everywhere else.

Q: How long have you been designing cuff bracelets?
For about seven months now (I've been designing other items for years though.)

Q: Describe the cuffs you design (materials, style, special features etc.)
I'm currently designing map cuffs, which use re-purposed and recycled road and street maps. No two cuffs are ever exactly alike! My favorites are the old National Geographic maps I was lucky to find, which were printed in the 1960s. I've also done aeronautical chart map cuffs, which were fun!

Q: What type of woman do you imagine wearing your cuffs? (Include the name of at least two celebs that you think would love to rock your cuff and tell why...)
The type of woman who wears my cuff is fun, confident, and also sentimental! In general, my cuffs represent a geographical location close to the wearer's heart. This allows them to take that memory with them wherever they go in the form of a fashionable accessory. I could envision a musical artist - anyone from Madonna to Miley Cyrus - wearing this cuff, since they are on the road a lot and probably miss their hometown!

Q: Finish the following sentence: "I consider myself a cuffie (lover of cuffs) because..."
...they come in all shapes and sizes, colors and styles! I also love the adjustable ones, since I have a smaller wrist and many "normal" bracelets are too big.


1 comment: